Wood Street Village is a village in the county of Surrey, England with a village green. It is located three miles (4 km) west of Guildford and is part of the parish of Worplesdon. Local amenities include a church (St Albans), infant school, post office and two public houses (the White Hart and the Royal Oak). The Normandy Youth Center also serves the children of the area. There are a number of old houses in the village; some of the nearby farmhouses date from the 15th century. Wood Street School opened in 1878 and the Victorian part still stands. The current St Albans church building was completed in 1967. The village green features the only surviving maypole in Surrey.
There were no results found.
This site is financed by Guildford Arts – a charity dedicated to the promotion of arts related organisations and activities in Guildford and around.